Monday, December 27, 2021

My Christmas Greeting Card To You

 

My Christmas Greeting Card To You 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought to write a Christmas newsletter but then common sense prevailed.

What would I say? For all of us, 2021 has been a year of isolation, of illness and deaths in our friends, families, neighbors and acquaintances; a year of worry and fret.

To balance what I said above, the solitude, for me, has been a most precious gift. I don’t have any words to explain, just that it has allowed a deepening and sharpening of senses and sensibilities.

That doesn’t make sense. You’d have to have been here in my skin. I’m confident you also have your own experiences of wonderful good to balance the grim and gray.

You all know me better than most of my near neighbors. You already know my hopes and dreams, my fears and failures. What could I say in a newsletter that you don’t already know?

So imagine my card, a sprig of waxy green holly with red berries, glitter galore, and when you open the card imagine the strains of your favorite choir bringing you the essence of Joy to the World. And more glitter.

I love you and wish you all the very best, all the most love and joy for today, for tomorrow, and for times to come. Merry Christmas.

Sondra Ashton

HDN: Looking out my back door

December 23, 2021

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment